Slice up this Paleo keto bread and pile it high with your favorite sandwich fixings!
Following a low carb diet doesn’t have to mean lettuce-wrapped sandwiches for life! With this quick bread recipe, you can have French toast or grilled cheese sandwiches without sacrificing your carb count.
The secret to creating a light and airy keto bread that can hold up to the toaster is using plenty of eggs and healthy fat. Ghee is a butterfat that is cooked longer to filter out the milk solids, which makes it much easier on the digestive system for people with lactose sensitivities. Grass-fed ghee is also high in the fatty acid CLA, which is beneficial for protecting cells and reducing oxidative damage.
If you want to make this bread taste more like a sponge cake style bread to top with berries or Paleo ice cream, add a teaspoon of stevia or other Paleo approved sweetener to the batter. To get a finer texture, use almond flour instead of almond meal.
Start by beating the eggs using a hand mixer on high speed. This incorporates air into the eggs, which creates an airier finished product. Next, beat in the melted ghee followed by the dry ingredients to form a batter. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Use a sharp knife to gently remove the bread from pan and using the parchment paper to lift the bread out of the pan. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper overlapping the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs using a hand mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Add the melted ghee and beat until just incorporated.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the remaining ingredients until completely mixed and the batter is thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread with a spatula. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until light golden brown on top.
- Cool the bread on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
For more delicious Keto recipes check out our Keto Recipe Club by clicking the link below.