Living, breathing proof that broccoli recipes don’t have to be boring…. These Broccoli and Cheese Fritters are an outrageously delicious and very fast to prepare lunch meal or fabulous bites to serve at a gathering. Make these with fresh or frozen broccoli, and watch as even the pickiest of eaters scoff them down!
Preparing: 10 Minutes / Cooking: 5 Minutes
Ingredients (16 servings)
¾ cup almond flour
¼ cup + 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 ounces fresh broccoli
4 ounces mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup fresh chopped dill
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add broccoli to a food processor and process until broccoli is completely broken down.
2. Mix together the cheese, almond flour, ¼ cup flaxseed meal and baking powder with the broccoli. If you want to add any extra seasonings (salt and pepper), do it at this point.
3. Add the eggs and mix together well until everything is incorporated.
4. Roll the batter into balls and then coat with 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal.
5. Heat your deep fryer to 375F, then lay fritters inside the basket, not overcrowing it.
6. Fry the fritters until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Once done, lay on paper towels to drain excess grease and season to your tastes.
7. Make a zesty dill and lemon mayonnaise for a dip. Enjoy!
Tip: If you don’t like almond flour or if you have an allergy, you can make this recipe with coconut flour instead. Substitute the amount of almond flour for a third as much of coconut flour and double the number of egg whites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 78| Total Fat 7g | Net Carbohydrates 1g | Protein 4.5g
If you find yourself in a food rut, you can try new recipes like those found in the Keto Recipe Collection that comes together with the Two-Week Keto Challenge.
When you take The Challenge, you’ll be given everything you need to follow the keto diet without all the guesswork.
And if you haven’t yet joined the Two-Week Keto Challenge you can do that by clicking below.