Looking for simple and tasty Keto dinner recipe? Have it your way—keto and delicious! Throw together homemade keto buns and enjoy a classic hamburger, complete with all the fixings! Don’t forget the bacon… Classic Keto Hamburger! Our Big Keto Burger will kill those fast food cravings in no time.
Preparing: 20 Minutes / Cooking: 60 Minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
For the hamburgers
2 lbs ground beef
1 oz. butter or olive oil, for frying
salt and pepper
2 oz. shredded lettuce
1 large tomato
1 red onion
8 tbsp mayonnaise
5 oz. cooked bacon
For the buns
1¼ cups almond flour
5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1¼ cups boiling water
3 egg whites
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Start by making the hamburger buns. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and the egg whites to the bowl while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix the dough; the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
4. With moist hands, form the dough into individual pieces of bread, one for each serving. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Be sure to leave enough room on the baking sheet for the buns to double in size.
5. Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.
1. Prepare the condiments while the bread is baking. Shred the lettuce, slice tomato and onion thinly and fry the bacon.
2. Form the ground beef into individual hamburgers and either grill or fry. Season with salt and pepper when the hamburgers are almost done.
3. Split the breads into halves and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on both halves.
4. Build your hamburger to your taste.
5. Pair with a side of coleslaw for added crunch!
Tip: What do you do with the three egg yolks left from the bread? Béarnaise sauce, of course!
If you need to store the bread you can do so in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or in a warm oven.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 1060 | Total Fat 87g | Net Carbohydrates 6g | Protein 54g
If you want to succeed with keto and experience all of the health and weight loss benefits while eating delicious foods, you have to follow a bulletproof plan.
And while this recipe is helpful and can certainly get you going in the right direction, it’s only a fraction of what you’ll find inside of the Two-Week Keto Challenge and the Keto Recipe Collection.
When you join us, you’ll have access to a comprehensive library of plenty of mouthwatering breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and even snack recipes that will all support you on your keto journey.
Not only that…
Besides sharing my best keto recipes, I’ll also give you an easy to follow done for you meal plan.
And all of it is designed to help you succeed.
So if you haven’t joined us inside the Two-Week Keto Challenge yet you can start today by clicking below.
Click here to join the challenge.