Be still my heart. Those aren’t french fries. They’re eggplant fries! As in, eggplant in french-fry form. Not only they’re healthier for you but they are also super delicious!
Now, I have to admit that you can’t have only these for dinner but you can have them as a side dish with your dinner.
Preparing: 10 Minutes / Cooking: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (6 servings)
2 large eggplant
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
1. Peel the eggplant and cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide and 4 inches long to mimic fries.
2. In a small bowl, beat the 2 eggs.
3. In another medium bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, coconut flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley flakes.
4. Start heating your oil in a medium saute pan.
5. Soak the eggplant in the egg mixture for a minute or two and then transfer in small batches to the herb & parmesan coating.
6. Once coated, cook in small batches in the hot oil, turning once to brown both sides. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
7. Serve with the low carb marinara sauce of your choice for dipping.
Tip: These can be made up to an hour ahead – to reheat just lay them out on a greased cookie sheet in a single layer and re-heat in the oven at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes just before serving.
Serving size 6-8 fries | Amount Per Serving: Calories 210 | Total Fat 16g | Net Carbohydrates 4.5g | Protein 6g
And If you want even more delicious keto recipes and a complete step by step guide to doing keto right then you’ll want to join me in The Two-Week Keto challenge.
More than 67,054 people have gone through the Challenge and more people are joining every day.
If you’re ready to try the keto lifestyle, then join me in the Two-Week Keto Challenge.
You’ll find everything you need to finally GO keto the right way, WITHOUT all the guesswork.
Click the link below and I’ll see you inside.