Carbs on keto just got a whole lot more exciting, and it’s all thanks to this easy Delicious Garlic Baguettes.
Crunchy, buttery, and smeared with the perfect amount of garlic flavor, what else would we serve next to your favorite dishes or eat simply as a standalone snack?
Be sure to watch the video on how to make these baguettes
Preparing: 10 Minutes / Cooking: 60 Minutes
Ingredients (20 servings)
1 ¼ cups almond flour
5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 cup boiling water
3 egg whites
4 oz. butter, at room temperature
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Bring the water to a boil and add this, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while whisking with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
4. Form with moist hands into 10 pieces and roll into hot dog buns. Make sure to leave enough space between them on the baking sheet to double in size.
5. Bake on lower rack in oven for 40-50 minutes, they’re done when you can hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
6. Make the garlic butter while the bread is baking. Mix all the ingredients together and put in the fridge.
7. Take the buns out of the oven when they’re done and leave to let cool. Take the garlic butter out of the fridge. When the buns are cooled, cut them in halves, using a serrated knife, and spread garlic butter on each half.
8. Turn your oven up to 425°F (225°C) and bake the garlic bread for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Tip: If you don’t like almond flour or if you have an allergy, you can make this recipe with coconut flour instead. Substitute the amount of almond flour for a third as much of coconut flour and double the number of egg whites.
Amount Per Serving: Total Fat 9g | Net Carbohydrates 1g | Protein 2g
If you find yourself in a food rut, you can try new recipes like those found in my best selling Keto Breads and Pasta cookbook.
When you get your copy, I’ll give you everything you need to prepare 50 delicious keto breads, pastas and desserts.
And the best news is you don’t even have to have any cooking experience to prepare them in less than 30 minutes.
If you haven’t grabbed your copy yet you can do that by clicking below.