These delicious, healthy and easy homemade fish fingers can be enjoyed as a main dish or party food idea. They come with a chimichurri mayo that your whole family will love.
Preparing: 20 Minutes / Cooking: 15 Minutes
Ingredients (2 servings)
For the fish fingers
250 g (8.8 oz) white fish such as cod, cut into slices
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup almond flour (33 g/ 1.2 oz)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup mayonnaise (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
1 1/2 tbsp chimichurri (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
Homemade chimichurri sauce:
1 large bunch fresh parsley (60 g/2.1 oz)
1/4 cup fresh oregano (15 g/0.5 oz)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small red chile pepper, seeds removed
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice (30 ml)
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (120 ml/4 fl oz)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 210 °C/ 410 °F. Beat egg in a small, shallow bowl. To create the “breading”, mix dry ingredients in another shallow bowl or plate.
2. Cut fish fillets into “fingers” about an inch (2.5 cm) wide.
3. Line and grease a baking tray. Place the fish in the egg, coating all sides, and then transfer to the almond meal mix, and toss to cover. Shake off excess breading.
4. Place on the tray, and continue with remaining fish. Bake 6-8 minutes and then turn, and bake another 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. To make the chimichurri, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
6. To make the chimichurri mayo, combine mayo and chimichurri together in a small bowl. The leftover chimichurri can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
7. Serve the fish fingers immediately with the mayo and wedges of lemon. Optionally, serve with a bowl of dressed greens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 495 | Total Fat 40g | Net Carbohydrates 3g | Protein 29g
If you want to succeed with keto and experience all of the health and weight loss benefits while eating delicious foods, you have to follow a bulletproof plan.
And while this recipe is helpful and can certainly get you going in the right direction, it’s only a fraction of what you’ll find inside of the Two-Week Keto Challenge and the Keto Recipe Collection.
When you join us, you’ll have access to a comprehensive library of plenty of mouthwatering breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and even snack recipes that will all support you on your keto journey.
Not only that…
Besides sharing my best keto recipes, I’ll also give you an easy to follow done for you meal plan.
And all of it is designed to help you succeed.
So if you haven’t joined us inside the Two-Week Keto Challenge yet you can start today by clicking below.